Follow these simple instructions while brushing your teeth to ensure that your smile stays healthy throughout your time in treatment.
- Use a soft-bristle brush with a toothpaste containing fluoride.
- Brush after every meal and every snack.
- If you absolutely cannot brush right away, rinse well with water.
- Most importantly, brush and floss everyday until your teeth and braces are spotlessly clean. You should be spending at least five minutes in this process.
- Rinse with a fluoride mouthwash after brushing.